Recently I’ve been obsessed with potatoes. Literally. Now,you will believe me when I say that I was so thrilled when my dad brought home huuuge bag of organic potatoes.
While I was thinking what should I do with them I remembered one recipe I saw months ago. It was creamy potato soup. As I am plant-based eater, and recipe was not vegan – ofcourse I veganised it. Changed some ingredients and add some more I felt would suit this yummy meal.
Finish product was so good, and since I’m so nice and kind 😛 I decided to share it with you. It is so easy to make and it is so satisfying. Trust me, you wont be disappointed. Even my non vegan dad agreed that this meal was delicious.
A bowl of homemade soup is like a warm hug from a good friend just when you need it
Meet your new favourite rich,flavourful and very creamy potato soup.
- 3 big russet potatoes
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 2-3 cloves of garlic ( depends on your personal reference )
- around 3 or 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of your favourite plant-based milk
- Pink Himalayan salt or fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- some fresh condiments if your choice such as basil,parsley,cayenne pepper…
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Peel the potatoes. 2 of them cut into small cubes and combine them with olive oil and some spices such as salt, cayenne pepper and basil.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the seasoned potatoes. Bake them for approximately 35 minutes ( don’t forget to stir and flip the potatoes every once in a while ).
- Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower, carrot, onion and 1 potato into cubes and boil them with some vegetable broth. Don’t forget to add the spices and garlic.Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. The soup is cooked when the fork easily pierces all the way through the veggies.
- Add little less than half of a baked potatoes into mixture and blend it all together very well. Then add the rest of the baked potatoes as they will be the chunky part of the soup and will give it a new touch.
- once again heat the soup until simmering, add your plant-based milk and you are ready to serve.
I served it with some bread – I drizzled a small amount of olive oil over it and rubbed some garlic on it and baked them for few minutes. YUM.