I still remember how I was convinced that making sushi is hard, so I never bothered to try to make it…
Until 1 year ago when I was on ZegeVege festival when I tried sushi for the first time and instantly fell in love with it. The best love story I have ever experienced tbh.
There was no other way then to try to recreate it at home.
I was surprised at how actually easy it is to make sushi rolls. No wonder that today it is actually one of my staple meals.
This recipe is:
- 1 cup of dry rice ( well rinse )
- 3 cups of water
- 2Tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1tsp of salt
- 2Tbsp of sugar
- nori sheets
- veggies of your desire such as:
- sesame seeds
- your own favourite dipping sos ( mine is sweet and sour sos )
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add rice, and stir then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar ,and salt and when the rice is done combine it with the rice. Coll it in a fridge for 15 minutes
- While your rice is colling cut veggies into stripes
- Center one nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat ( if you don’t have sushi mat no big deal, you can use clean dish towel instead ). Wet your hands and spread a thin layer of rice on the nori, and press into a thin layer.
- Arrange 1/4 of the desired veggies in a line down the center of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll
- Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices using a wet, sharp knife.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on it and you are done!
ENJOY! IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY IT LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT