8 simple ways to start living minimal lifestyle
Nowadays we tend to clutter our home, our mind and our space with unneceserry, shiny things. And often, before we realise, we become trapped in our own lair of things we actually don’t need.
The reason for that ist that today we tend to give too much meaning to our thingst, and for the majority of us, letting go and having less seems pretty scary. But the truth is that minimalism can assist you in finding your freedom, freedom from anxiety, freedom from stress, freedom from the trappings of the consumer society, freedom from overwhelmed feelings and freedom from depression.
Let me ask you something, and please answer it honestly. Are you feeling overwhelmed when you come home after a busy day? How many things you possess that you don’t need and you don’t use? Do you tend to spend your money on things you don’t need, or you already have? Do you sometimes feel anxious without no reason? Is your home often messy and your things are not in their proper place?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, this article is for you, my dear.
You can look at this as one simple guideline, with few basic tips for newbies, on a minimalistic approach to life.
- Declutter – you may not realize it, but when we are surrounded by clutter, our minds feel cluttered too. It’s like a background noise that we don’t realize is there, until it is gone. So look around your home, lay everything you have on flour, literally every item and everything you possess. Ask yourself do you really need that thing and does it spark joy in you. If the answer is no, it is time to get rid of it.
- Make your things have home – that means to have a set spot for all of the things and items in your house. It is so simple, yet makes such a difference. It will make your space stay tidy longer.
- Simplify mealtime – make yourself a meal plan. You can do this weekly. Create a grocery list for all your planned meals and shop only once at week. This is a huge time saver and it also takes away the decision of what to cook every day and prevent grabbing some on the go junk food because you have nothing else to eat.
- Minimize your wardrobe – Go through your closet, I bet you have a lot of things you actually don’t wear. Throw away anything that is damaged, and donate anything that you don’t wear. You can even sell some of it and earn some money.
- Make a budget and stick to it – keep track of all your spendings. You will become more aware where your money is going. The goal is to stop spending money on things you do not need! Before you shop ask yourself, do you really need it? Is it essential for your happiness? If the answer is no, maybe you need to think twice before spending money on it.
- Practice mindfulness – it will slow down your thoughts and hep your mind to focus more clearly. Also, it is proven that practicing mindfulness helps you coping with stress and anxiety
- Do social media detox – even just for a few hour each day – it’s freeing!
- Have good morning routine – construct your own morning routine because that will prime you for a great day, and eliminate time wasting.
The beauty of being a beginner minimalist is that you can be curious. Bare in mind that you can always ask for help, get inspired by others on social media, get back up if you fall, and look forward to new adventures.
Remember: Simplicity is te ultimate sophistication!