Do you ever get bored with food you eat daily? I often tend to eat the same type of food every day, but every so often I crave for something new. After all, food should nourish our soul as well as our body. I really consider polenta very underrated dish. If you serve it right it can be magical. And you can make it in so many ways.
If you are tired of same old dishes and want to try something new and
- easy to make
you need to try this recipe out.
TODAY, I WILL TEACH YOU TO MAKE HEALTHY POLENTA FRIES (THAT AREN’T ACTUALLY FRIES BECAUSE THEY AREN’T FRIED).
And just to clarify something, sadly no, they don’t taste like those greasy but oh so delicious standard french fries, but that doesn’t make them any less delicious and tasty. They are creamy on the inside but so crispy on the outside.
Hope you will try to make this, and if so, please let me know how it turns out. Also, I’m curious to know if you use polenta in your kitchen, or you’ve never had it before?
POLENTA FRIES RECIPE
- 300g precooked polenta ( I highly recommend making your polenta with vegetable stock and seasonings like salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast)
- salt to taste
- garlic powder ( optional )
- onion powder ( optional )
- tablespoon of olive oil ( optional )
- For this recipe, you need a block of polenta ready to be sliced. Just cook some polenta following instruction on the package ( it’s really not some rocket science, it is quite straightforward, fast and easy ) and pour it into a square container. Let it cool down completely until it solidifies.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Slice the block of polenta into chunky fries-sized wedges ( roughly 1cm thick )
- Place the fries onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Brush fries with olive oil and season it with some salt ( depending on how salty you
made your polenta, so try it before seasoning ), onion and garlic powder. The thing is, you can get really creative here by adding seasonings you like, such as cayenne pepper or your favorite herb mixture. You can go even step further and dip polenta fries in bread crumbs before placing them on the baking tray.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake the fries for 15 minutes. When the time elapses, flip the fries and bake for another 15 minutes ( until golden and crispy ).
- Serve it warm, with a dressing of your choice ( I recommend ranch dressing, vegan mayo or even hummus ) and some veggies for extra nutrients.
If you like what you see don't forget to go and check out my other social networks: Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/veggiestylee/ Instagram: @inspiredby_veggies