Feeling uninspired and bored with same old food?
Well, lucky you! I’m here to solve that problem. Have you heard about tempeh before? If not, you don’t know what you are missing from your life, my dear.
Tempeh is rich in protein, low in saturated fat and is also probiotic food ( which is always a big plus on my list ). No wonders why I’ve been incorporating it more and more into my diet.
Stir-fried tempeh is probably my favorite way of preparing him. This dish can be so versatile since you can make it with whatever vegetables you like or have in your house. So, try it, and be creative!
This recipe is:
- easy to make
What else can you ask for?
- 1 packet of tempeh ( 250 g), cut into pieces ( 1/2 inch )
- 1 tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce ( diluted with 1 tbsp of water )
- 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, JULIENNED
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tsp ginger powder ( or you can use fresh minced ginger )
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- thinly sliced green onion ( decoration )
- rice or quinoa to serve a side
- Stir tempeh, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Let marinate for at least 1 hour ( room temperature)
- While waiting lightly saute the onion ( until it becomes translucent ) then add chopped carrot, mushrooms, peas and broccoli. Once lightly cook set aside.
- Strain marinade from tempeh into another bowl and set tempeh aside. Whisk 2tbsp of water with agave and cornstarch into marinade.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat ( I didn’t use oil as I just poured a little bit of marinade instead, but you can use 1 tbsp of oil if you desire ) and add marinated tempeh. Saute for 5 minutes.
- At the end add sauteed vegetables, stir well.
Serve it over some rice, or quinoa and sprinkle with some green onion.
Enjoy in every bite, and thank me later 🙂
Do you like more salty and savory, or sweet recipes? Please leave a comment with your answer as it would help me with creating more content for this blog.
Have a nice day!
If you like what you see don’t forget to go and check out my other social networks: