Healthy dish for when you are not in the mood for eating something healthy!
I eat very healthy 99% of the time, as I actually like healthy foods and crave for it. But sometimes (I blame it on the PMS) I crave for not so healthy things.
And that’s completely fine as well…
So yesterday I was craving for some croquettes, and croquettes are usually fried in oil. And let me tell you, my skin does not have good relationship with oil and fried stuff. Luckeyly I came up with somewhat healthier version of croquettes that my skin like as well, because they are baked, not fried.
This is perfect comforting side dish with no fat for when you want something crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside.
Someone please send help because I think I might become a croquette addict.
I also like the fact that you can really play around with them to make totally different results every time you make them!
This crouquettes are:
Crispy but fluffy
- 300g potatoes, cooked
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, cooked
- 1 medium Carrot, cooked
- 1garlic clove, finely diced
- pinch of black pepper
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp mild chili flakes
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp vegan parmesan ( optional )
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Add some water in a saucepan. After you bring it to a boil tip in the shallots and the garlic. Cook until they are soft ( the water should completely evaporate ).
- Mash cooked potatoes and vegetables. Add the seasoning and stir it very well. Taste the mixture so you could adjust salt if you feel it’s needed.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Mix the breadcrumbs with spices. I used sesame seeds,chilli flakes, smoked paprika and vegan parmesan, but you can use different ones.
- Mould the mixture into your preferred shape and coat it in breadcrumbs and place it onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. After you used all the mixture place it in the preheated oven and bake the croquettes for 20 minutes.
- Rotate the tray half way through the cooking time.
Tip: You can serve them with a variety of sauces, from good old ketchup to vegan mayo-based sauces. I usually serve it with spicy-sweet peanut sauce.
Customization: Feel free to play around with the types and amounts of vegetables and spices used.
Did you like this recipe? Please, leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Have a nice day!
If you like what you see don’t forget to go and check out my other social networks: